Saturday, July 9, 2011

Patricia Clarkson and Stanley Tucci Are Emma Stone's Hilarious Parents in 'Easy A'

I like 'Easy A' because it has so many 80's references - from playing Simple Mind's 'Don't You Forget About Me', to showing clips of Ferris Bueller and Say Anything. And you have these characters who mouth of stuff like reading Sylvia Plath's poetry or having chlamydia or anagrams like Olive for I love! Sometimes I wonder, wow, is this really a high school setting I'm watching? And her parents!! Patricia Clarkson and Stanley Tucci's characters are so hilarious - you'd wonder if progressive parenting is really something you'd want to do on your own kids. With dialogues like, "What, you're adopted?!" - to their adopted black son, or "When I was in high school, I slept with many people, mostly men" or "You dress up like a stripteaser, a classy one, for senators and athletes!" They have the most hilarious lines in the movie and deliver them pretty well. As for Emma Stone, she's luminous and sexy and she has these coy eyes and pouty lips - which makes you wonder -how could she have been invincible all these time? A case of the ugly duckling becoming a swan? A slutty swan at that!

Should You Waste Your 150 pesos on this? I enjoyed the movie a lot since I'm an 80's kid and I love the dialogue. And there are two hunks I like - Cam Gigandet and Penn Badgley - hot, hot, hot!! You have to be quick to hear the references though, since those are basically the basis of almost all the jokes! It's a talky movie!

0 comments:

Post a Comment